Friday, July 11, 2008

Lipking study

I recently went to the Lipking exhibit and got a big dose of inspiration. It was amazing to see his paintings upclose and examine his brush strokes and color. Court has taken a workshop with him before so it was great to get his insight on his paintings and his technique.

There was a big article about it in "American Art Collector." So when I got home after the show I painted a study from the cover while the inspiration was still fresh. Because it was getting late, I only spent 2 1/2 hours on the painting. I could have spent another 2 1/2 hours on this piece and brought it to finish. The goal was mainly to match his colors, and practice his technique, and get as much of it done before I fell asleep. I learned a huge amount from the study, even though it isn't finished.

12x16


8x11


40x18

No comments: