Friday, March 28, 2008
This was an interesting process.
The model posed for this painting a month ago. Then she came back and and posed another 3 hours for the workshop. This time I added the color.
In my class earlier that week we just learned about glazes. So I thought I would try it for this painting because I liked the underpainting so much. It wasn't as easy as I thought. I glazed over this maybe 4 times. Each time I rubbed off the paint. Either because I didn't know what I was doing or it looked bad. Maybe the combination of all my mistakes helped with the over all look, but the painting was mostly done in the last 40 minutes of class.
I liked this process (except all the rubbing) it was kinda like watercolor painting, and seemed easier than painting Alla Prima.