Friday, June 20, 2008

En Plein Air with Court Jones

One day I lugged all my paint equipment to the beach. It was my first landscape in oil, and I learned alot, from the experience, but mostly what not to do. I actually was married on the beach in the lower right in front of the big rock 5 years ago.

8x10 3hours's Swami's Beach

La Jolla

So Court Jones and I have been painting outdoors on Wednesdays. The first time out was an adventure, and my painting really didn't come out the way I envisioned it. It will never be viewed by human eyes, again.

Court is a great instructor, and really knows his stuff. I feel like I'm improving, but there is still alot to learn.

9X12 3hours

The view I painted.

2 comments:

Dan Atherton said...

Nice job- the painting is way nicer than the photograph. Yay art!

Gabriel Hunt said...

Yay art!