Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Angles





















I was encouraged by some friends to color this pencil drawing so I did. Thanks guys.
Used Photoshop CS, three tries and the final being around 5 hours.
The process:
1.Made three duplicate layers
2.Layer 1: Image>Adjustment>Hue/saturation, colorize. I then changed the line art to umber so it would copliment the color, and set the layer to multiply.
3.Layer 2 goes under 1 so I can do all my spot/bucket fill colors, and change opacity etc
4.Layer 3 goes at the bottom to make the line art a little darker
5.Layer 4 is put on top: used for highlights and if I want to paint on top of the lines
6. Layer 5 goes between 1 and 3 so I can paint my dark and midtones without going over the lines.
7. Layer 6 goes on the top last so I can do any final touches and the hair. If I don't like the results I can just erease without hurting any of the other art or delete the layer, which I did a few times
Let me know if any of you have a better/easier way, or if you have any suggestions on the process. I'm kinda new at coloring with Photoshop

7 comments:

nothing said...

Great coloring. She looks like she could be Fabio's sister. just kiddin.

The Gaber's Sketchblog said...

She ain't the prettiest, but did you see those twin guns?

Impy said...

I think she's VERY pretty and I really like how you made her hair all dynamic and blowing around. The only thing is, after you said you made three layers, I can't understand anything you did lol. It's awesome anyway, kitsune-san! ^-^ ps are you taking care of kitsune-chan?

johnny alexander said...

HEY you changed her hair...what a rip off i what my money back!

Marlo Meekins said...

KAYMEL TOW

Marlo Meekins said...

HEY YOU C-WORD!!!!!!!!


"Thanks Grigor, you're my new fav..later Marlo" RAWRRRR I"LL KILL YOU.

Odon said...

Hey Gabe,
I did a draw-over but I can't post it as a comment so it's here:
http://mindofanartist.blogspot.com/

D